Gowanus Open Studios celebrates 25 years of serving and uplifting the arts community in Gowanus. This event is highly anticipated here at TAC and we are excited to resume in-person this year! If you have any questions about our studio facilities and a variety of adult & youth programs, this is your chance to get answers and have hands-on experience in TAC. Also, meet our Artists in Residence and have conversations about their work-in-progress in their studios.
SAVE THE DATE: Saturday & Sunday, October 16 - 17, 12PM - 6PM, TAC Brooklyn (505 Carroll St.)
For one weekend this Fall (Oct 16-17), Arts Gowanus will host, for the 25th year, Brooklyn’s biggest celebrations of local art and artists. Over 350 artists and venues in the greater Gowanus neighborhood will open their doors, giving the public a rare glimpse inside the former factories, warehouses, and studio buildings of this vibrant neighborhood. Artists will be on hand to discuss their work, share their processes, and showcase their latest projects. Partner businesses in the neighborhood will be offering discounts!
GOS 2021 Highlights include:
• Free access to hundreds of private studios and venues full of local art.
• An Arts Gowanus Annex building full of artists who have been displaced due to affordability
issues or lack of access to a studio.
• Group shows by Assembly Required Artist Collective, Gowanus Night Heron, Fringe Salon,
and curators Yvena Despagne, Rick Secen and Johnny Thornton.
• A series of artist-curated lists of “10 Studios to Visit During GOS 2021.”
• Amazing local sponsors and businesses to explore in the neighborhood.
GOS 2021 is presented by Arts Gowanus, a non-profit organization working to connect our community and to ensure the Gowanus Canal neighborhood continues to be a thriving and creative community of art-makers and art-appreciators.